Mathnasium Locations Are Independently Owned Franchises.
Each Mathnasium location is independently owned and operated by a Mathnasium franchisee. Information on particular locations, like biographies, hours and pricing, are provided by and are the responsibility of the particular Mathnasium franchisee.
Right to Access.
Availability. We shall use commercially reasonable efforts to provide continuous access to the Site. We do not guarantee that the Site will be accessible at all times. The Site may be unavailable during maintenance periods or during an emergency. In addition to normal maintenance, there may be events that will make the Site inaccessible for a limited amount of time due to unforeseen circumstances.
Limits of Your Use.
You may use the Site only for lawful purposes and in accordance with these Terms. You agree not to use the Site:
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries).
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information or otherwise.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material without our prior written consent, including any “junk mail”, “chain letter” or “spam” or any other similar solicitation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate us, our employees, another user or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using e-mail addresses or screen names associated with any of the foregoing).
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Site, or which, as determined by us, may harm us or users of the Site or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use the Site in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the Site or interfere with any other party’s use of the Site, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Site.
- Use any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means to access the Site for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Site.
- Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Site.
- Introduce any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the Site, the server on which the Site is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Site.
- Attack the Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site.
Use By Minors.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from children under 18 without parental or guardian consent. If you under 18, please do not attempt to register for the Services or send any Personal Information about yourself to us. If we learn we have collected Personal Information from a child under 18, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under 18 may have provided us Personal Information, please contact us.
User Feedback; Third-Party Social Media Postings
By submitting any ideas, comments, suggestions or other information to us (through our Site, social media sites, or other digital platforms, or through Google, or other review sites, or other means), including, but not limited to, those related to improvements to the Site or services related to the Site; (collectively, the “Feedback”), you agree that such Feedback shall be deemed, and shall remain, our property. None of the Feedback shall be subject to any obligation of confidentiality on our part and we shall not be liable for any use or disclosure of any Feedback. We shall own all rights related to the Feedback (including without limitation intellectual property rights and moral rights) and shall be entitled to use of the Feedback without restriction for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without compensation or further notice to you.
If you have posted to our YouTube or other social media pages or platforms, or on other websites, e.g., Google, Yelp, Trip Advisor, Instagram, etc., you agree to and do hereby grant us and our licensors, affiliates, partners, successors and assigns, a nonexclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, sublicensable, transferrable, royalty-free right and license to use, store, display, publish, transmit, transfer, distribute, reproduce, rearrange, edit, modify, aggregate, summarize, translate, create derivative works of and publicly perform the Content that you post or otherwise submit to us for any purpose, in any form, medium, or technology now known or later developed.
User Content Submission/Posting
- The Site may, now or in the future, permit the submission of text, files, images, photos, videos, sounds, musical works, works of authorship or other materials and content by you (“User Content”). We do not endorse or approve any User Content that you or other Users contribute or post. We respect the intellectual property rights of others. You must have the legal right to submit to us or, where permitted, upload any User Content to the Website. You are solely responsible for any content that you create, transmit, or display while using the Site.
- You agree to not submit, upload or post any User Content to the Site that infringes or may infringe the copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights of a third party nor may you submit User Content that violates any third party’s right of privacy or right of publicity. You may submit only User Content permitted by the owner or by law.
- All User Content you post or submit for posting to the Site is deemed nonconfidential.
- You agree to not engage, or permit others to have access to your login credentials to engage, in the practices of “screen scraping,” “database scraping,” or any other activity with the purpose of obtaining lists of users or other information or content.
- You also agree to take sole responsibility for any royalties, fees or other monies owed to any person or entity by reason of any User Content you post or transmit through the Site we provide.
- User Content License from You
- You retain copyright and any other rights you already hold in User Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services. When you post or submit for posting User Content to the Site, you agree to and do hereby expressly grant to us and to our affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, agents, representatives, licensors or other third party partners, and our successors and assigns, a nonexclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, transferrable, sub-licensable license and right to use, without restriction, including, but not limited to the right to quote, re-post, publish, use, adapt, translate, archive, store, reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, syndicate, license, print, sublicense, distribute, transmit, broadcast, and otherwise communicate, and publicly display or perform the User Content and to provide such User Content to any other user of the Site or the Service, or any portion thereof, in any manner or form and in any medium or forum, whether now known or hereafter devised, without notice, payment or attribution of any kind to you or any third party (collectively, the “License”). You grant us all licenses, consents and clearances to enable the use such User Content for such purposes. You waive and agree not to assert any moral or similar rights you may have in such User Content.
- You agree that this License includes a right for us to make such User Content available to other companies, organizations or individuals with whom we have relationships for the provision of services, and to use such User Content in connection with the provision of those services.
- You understand that we, in operating the Site and/or in performing the required technical steps to provide the Services to our users, may (a) transmit or distribute your User Content over various public networks and in various media; and (b) make such changes to your User Content as are necessary to conform and adapt that User Content to the technical requirements of connecting networks, devices, services or media. You agree that the License shall permit us to take these actions.
- User Content Submission and Posting Guidelines.
- You are responsible for all User Content that you submit to us. You may not submit or post User Content that:
- Is not your own original creation or that you do not have permission to use (keep in mind that just because something on the internet does not have a copyright notice on it doesn’t mean you can use it without permission);
- Infringes the copyright, trademark, patent right, or other proprietary right of any person or that is used without the permission of the owner;
- You know to be inaccurate;
- Is pornographic, sexually explicit, or obscene;
- Exploits children or minors;
- Violates the rights of privacy or publicity of any person;
- Is harassing, libelous, slanderous, or defamatory;
- Contains any personally identifying information about any person without their consent or about any person who is a minor;
- May be deemed generally offensive to the Site community, including blatant expressions of bigotry, prejudice, racism, hatred, profanity or religious or political radicalism;
- Includes advertisements, promotions, solicitations, spam, or offers to sell any goods or services for any commercial purpose;
- Is off topic;
- Is intended to provide professional advice, including but not limited to, the provision of medical treatment, or legal, financial or investment advice;
- Is intended to solicit, recommend, endorse, or offer to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments, tout stocks, or recommend that any particular security, portfolio of securities, transaction, or investment strategy is suitable for you or any specific person;
- Violates any local, state, federal, and/or international laws or regulations;
- Promotes or provides instructional information about illegal or illicit activities;
- Contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to destroy, interrupt, or otherwise limit the functionality of any computer software, computer hardware, or other equipment; or,
- Is intended to overwhelm, cause technical disruptions of or denial of service to the Site.
- Removal of User Content. We reserve the right (but have no obligation) to remove, block, edit, move or disable User Content that is objectionable to us for any reason. The decision to remove User Content at any time is in our sole and final discretion. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we do not assume any responsibility or liability for User Content or for any failure to or delay in removing User Content or other Content. You are solely responsible for your User Content and may be held liable for User Content that you post.
- DMCA Notice. If you believe that any content on the Site violates these Terms or your intellectual property rights, you can report such violation to us in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. §512 “DMCA”). In the case of an alleged infringement, please provide the following information:
- A description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site (including the exact URL);
- An address, a telephone number, and an e-mail address where we can contact you;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the use is not authorized by the copyright or other intellectual property rights owner, by its agent, or by law;
- A statement by you under penalty of perjury that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or are authorized to act on the owner’s behalf; and
- Your electronic or physical signature, or that of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other right being infringed.
- We may request additional information before we remove allegedly infringing material. You may report a copyright violation by providing the above information to the designated agent listed below:
Attn: General Counsel
Address: 5120 W. Goldleaf Circle, Suite 400
Los Angeles, CA 90056
- We have the right to terminate the user account of any user who repeatedly submits content that violates our intellectual property policies. A repeat infringer is a user who has been notified of infringing activity more than twice and/or has had User Content removed from the Site more than twice.
No Modification of This Site.
You may not add to, subtract from, or otherwise modify or edit the code, content, display or any other aspect of this Site.
Links to Third-Party Websites.
There may be links for this Site to third-party websites or information. If you use these links, you will leave this Site. Mathnasium does not control or maintain any of these third-party websites or any of their content. Mathnasium provides links for you for your convenience only, and the inclusion of any link to a site not owned by Mathnasium is not an endorsement by Mathnasium of this site or its contents. Mathnasium assumes no responsibility for any other party’s site hyperlinked to this Site or in which any of this Site has been hyperlinked. YOUR CORRESPONDENCE AND BUSINESS DEALINGS WITH THIRD PARTIES FOUND THROUGH THIS SITE ARE SOLELY BETWEEN YOU AND THE THIRD-PARTY.
Cooperation with Law Enforcement and Government Agencies; Required Disclosures
This Site contains content owned or licensed by Mathnasium (“Mathnasium Content”). Mathnasium Content is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and/or other laws, and, as between you and Mathnasium, Mathnasium owns and retains all rights in the Mathnasium Content and this Site. You will not remove, alter or conceal any copyright, trademark, service mark or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying the Mathnasium Content and you will not reproduce, modify, adapt, prepare derivative works based on, display, distribute, sell, license or otherwise exploit the Mathnasium Content. We reserve all rights not expressly granted herein in and to the Site. Unless otherwise noted, our name and all other trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos or other designations of source displayed on the Site are our property, or that of our affiliates or licensors. All third party trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos or other designations of source are the property of their respective owners. Nothing on the Site shall be construed as granting any license or right not expressly set forth herein.
Site Warranty Disclaimer.
Limitation of Liability.
IN NO EVENT WILL THE MATHNASIUM PARTIES BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSSES OR DAMAGES RELATED TO: (I) THIS SITE, (II) THE MATHNASIUM CONTENT, (III) YOUR USE OF, INABILITY TO USE, OR THE PERFORMANCE OF THE SITE, (IV) ANY ACTION TAKEN IN CONNECTION WITH AN INVESTIGATION BY THE MATHNASIUM PARTIES OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES REGARDING YOUR OR ANY OTHER PARTY’S USE OF THE SITE, (V) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE SITE’S OPERATION; OR (VI) ANY DAMAGE TO ANY USER’S COMPUTER, MOBILE DEVICE, OR OTHER EQUIPMENT OR TECHNOLOGY IN CONNECTION WITH USE OF THE SITE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE OR EVEN IF THE MATHNASIUM PARTIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR TORT. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN NO EVENT WILL THE MATHNASIUM PARTIES TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, OR CAUSES OR ACTION EXCEED AN AGGREGATE OF ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS ($1,000).
IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU WAIVE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE §1542, WHICH SAYS: A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.
Mathnasium conducts our business on an equal opportunity basis. We do not discriminate in any manner prohibited by law.
Passive Site; Venue.
Time Limitation. Any claim or action against us must be brought within twelve (12) months of the cause arising, otherwise such claim or action is permanently barred.
Other than for the grounds set forth in the section below entitled “Exceptions to Agreement to Arbitrate,” in the event of any dispute, claim, question or disagreement arising from or relating to the Terms or the breach thereof, the parties hereto shall use reasonable efforts to settle the dispute, claim, question, or disagreement. To this effect, the parties shall consult and negotiate with each other in good faith and, recognizing their mutual interests, attempt to reach a just and equitable solution satisfactory to both parties. If the parties do not reach such solution within a period of thirty (30) days, then, upon notice by either party to the other, such dispute, claim, question or disagreement shall be resolved by binding arbitration in Los Angeles, California, USA, in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association (the “AAA”), subject to the limitations of this Section. This agreement to arbitrate will be specifically enforceable under the prevailing law of any court having jurisdiction. Notice of a demand for arbitration shall be filed in writing with the other party hereto and with the AAA. The demand for arbitration shall be made within a reasonable time after the dispute has arisen, and in no event shall any such demand be made after the date when institution of legal or equitable proceedings based on such dispute would be barred by the applicable statute of limitations. The parties agree that one (1) arbitrator shall arbitrate the dispute. The arbitrator shall be selected by the joint agreement of the parties, but if they do not so agree within twenty (20) days after the date of the notice of a demand for arbitration referred to above, the selection shall be made pursuant to the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the AAA from the panels of business arbitrators maintained by the AAA. The decision of the arbitrator shall be made in writing and shall be final. Judgment may be entered upon it in any court having jurisdiction thereof, and the decision shall not be subject to vacation, modification or appeal, except to the extent permitted by Sections 10 and 11 of the Federal Arbitration Act, the terms of which Sections the parties agree shall apply. The expenses of arbitration, including and the fees and expenses of the arbitrator and the AAA, shall be shared equally by the parties.
The arbitrator will have no authority to award attorneys’ fees, punitive damages, or any other monetary relief not measured by the prevailing party’s actual damages and each party irrevocably waives any claim thereto. The award may include equitable relief. The arbitrator will not make any ruling, finding, or award that does not otherwise conform to the Terms. The arbitrator may render a summary disposition relative to all or some of the issues, provided that the responding party has had an adequate opportunity to respond to any such application for such disposition.
The parties agree to treat all aspects of the arbitration as confidential, as provided in the AAA Rules. Before making any disclosure permitted by the Rules, a party shall give written notice to the other party and afford such party a reasonable opportunity to protect its interests. Further, judgment on the arbitrators’ award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction.
Exceptions to Agreement to Arbitrate. You and we agree that we will go to court to resolve disputes relating to: (a) your or our intellectual property (e.g., trademarks, trade dress, domain names, trade secrets, copyrights or patents); or (b) your violation of our Acceptable Use Policy or User Content Posting Guidelines.
Class Action Waiver. Any proceedings to resolve or litigate any dispute in any forum will be conducted solely on an individual basis. You agree that neither you nor we will seek to have any dispute heard as a class action or in any other proceeding in which either party acts or proposes to act in a representative capacity, and each party hereby waives any right to assert consolidated claims with respect to any disputes subject to arbitration under these Terms or any disputes between the parties. No arbitration or proceeding will be combined with another without the prior written consent of all parties to all affected arbitrations or proceedings.
Waiver of Jury Trial. Each party irrevocably and unconditionally waives any right we or you may have to a trial by jury for any legal action arising out of or relating to these Terms or the transactions contemplated hereby.
By creating a user account or giving us any contact information, you agree to and do hereby consent to receive mail and electronic communications (email, text/SMS and by telephone) from us (collectively, “Communications”). For users with an account (where applicable), Communications may be those that we are required to send to you by law concerning us, your account or information, the Site, or the Services (“Required Communications”). The Communications may also be those that we send to you for other reasons. You may change the email or mobile phone number on file for your account by visiting your account profile page or by contacting us. You may opt out of receiving all Communications, other than Required Communications, via email by sending a notice to us that identifies your full name, user name and email address; however, you will not receive any further electronic notices from us (other than Required Communications), which notices may include important notices or announcements.